So I was on YouTube jumping around from video to video (the irony), when I found an E3 trailer. A trailer for Fable Anniversary.
I was (and still am) a MASSIVE fan of the Fable franchise. My all-time favourite game is Fable II, although Fable III was a major disappointment for me (we’ll get into that more in another post). And with my being such a massive fan, you can guess how I reacted to this… “OMG WTF ASDFGHJKL!” … yeah.
On finding this trailer, and searching it to death on everything you can think of, I got a slightly more than basic idea of what this game is about.
So, the top 5 things you should know about Fable Anniversary:
- The Release Date – Fable Anniversary will be released at Christmas this year.
- The Links to Fable – We have been promised that the game will stay true to its roots, while adding a few new features
- HD & Widescreen Gameplay – Although this game is now in HD with better lighting, it has been completely remade on a new engine to improve visuals
- Smartglass Integration – Fable Anniversary will use Xbox Smartglass like it hasn’t been used before – as a strategy guide. You can see which item is in each chest, see bosses ahead of you, see your hero’s current position and view screenshots from the original Fable game. You can also find out more about the lore surrounding a character (like the boss Twinblades, for example)
- The Control Scheme – There will be a choice whether to play the game pure – as it was in 2004 – or with the Fable 2 control scheme, widely regarded as a more accessible plan
Those are only the very basic top 5 reasons to look forward to this game. I highly recommend you research this game further, but that’s all I have time for here.
Thanks for reading,